Healthy fasting is possible if we consume right foods and in right quantity.
Suhour/Sehori is a vital meal in Ramadan. A healthy Sehori is a healthy start which energizes our body throughout the day. Apart from it, what we eat in Sehori will reflect how we feel throughout the day while fasting.
So make sure that this meal should consist of combination of slowly absorbed carbohydrates that can help maintain blood sugar levels, protein and fibre rich.
Green smoothie is the perfect Sehori meal. Here is the recipe
- Curd-1 katori ( Curd is a good probiotic, good protein and calcium source).
- Apple-1 (Apples are rich in Vitamin A,C ,fiber and good for digestion)
- Spinach -3-4 leaves (Spinach are rich in vitamins and minerals).
- Chia seeds- 1 teaspoon (Chia seeds are rich in calcium ,fibre , omega 3 fatty acids
- Blend all the ingredients in blender and serve it in Sehori.