Ramadan – This word literally means “One that Burns” According to scholars, in this month the Sins are burnt away… therefore it is called Ramadan.
The Month of Ramadan begins when the new Crescent is sighted on the 29th of Shabaan, otherwise it starts after the 30 days of Shabaan are completed.
- It is the month during which prophet hood was granted to Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhe Wasallam)
- Quran was revealed in this month.
- The Lailatul Qadr, the night which is better than a thousand months falls in this month.
- The Epic Battle of Badr was fought in this month
- Makkah was recaptured by the Muslims in this month.
- The doors of heaven are opened in this month and the doors of hell are closed.
- Devils are chained in this month.
- Mercy is poured down to Earth