Aluminium cans take 500 years to break down.
It’s shocking how long aluminium cans will sit in a landfill. It’s shocking to hear how much goes into landfills each year in the World. There are items thrown into landfills every single day that could be recycled. Often times all it takes is for people to start thinking outside the blue box.
Imagine if this cans can had been recycled how many times it could have been used and the amount of virgin resources that could have been saved.
Aluminium cans fact:
- It is infinitely recyclable.
- It is back on the shelf within 60 days
- Making new aluminium cans from used cans takes 95 percent less energy than using virgin materials
- Twenty recycled cans can be made with the energy needed to produce one can using virgin ore
- Every minute, 113,000 aluminium cans are recycled.
- Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your television for three hours.