* Children grow faster in the springtime than any other season during the year.
* Even if you eat food standing on your head, it will end up in your stomach.
* When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go. First off would be the sight.
* In 1900 the average age at death in the US was 47.
* Human hair and fingernails do not continue to grow after death.
* If you are locked in a completely sealed room, you will die of carbon dioxide poisoning before you will die of oxygen deprivation.
* After human death, post-mortem rigidity starts in the head and travels to the feet, and leaves the same way it came — head to toe.
* There are 5 times as many deaths due to the negligence of doctors as there are deaths due to firearms.
* 19 people have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
* 3 people die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.
* 85% of the men who die while having sex, die with someone other than their spouse.
* A person remains conscious for eight seconds after being decapitated.
* If the information contained in the DNA could be written down, it would fill a 100s volume encyclopedia.
* If all your DNA is stretched out, it would reach to the moon 6,000 times.
* Only about 5% of people dream in color.
* The first drug to be sold in the form of a tablet is Aspirin.
* Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
* The only part of the human body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
* When you’re looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate. When you look at someone you hate, they do the same thing.
* The muscle that lets your eye blink is the fastest muscle in your body. It allows you to blink 5 times a second. On average, you blink 15 000 times a day.
* We actually do not see with our eyes – we see with our brains. The eyes basically are the cameras of the brain. One-quarter of the brain is used to control the eyes.
* Each of the more than 200 lashes on each eye is shed every three to five months.
* On average, half of all false teeth have some form of radioactivity.